If one of your employees hands in his/her resignation, you have to send a response. Whether he/she is a good employee or not, sending a response to resignation letter is a must. It is a professional way to respond an employee’s resignation. So, you have to give the response wisely.
How to Make a Response to Resignation Letter
There are a few steps you will need to do in writing such a letter:
- To begin the letter, you have to greet the employee first.
- After that, you will need to add a statement of your acceptance of the resignation.
- Then, you should include your contact details.
- Next, you are required to create a paragraph used to thank him/her for the cooperation.
- You may also express that he/she will be welcomed back at the company if he/she wants.
- To end the letter, you need to sign & date it.
- After you are done with this letter, you must send it soon.
Tips for Creating a Response to Resignation Letter
This kind of letter cannot be created carelessly. So, make sure that you consider the following tips:
- In writing such a letter, you have to use a proper format.
- Besides that, the needed details must be included completely.
- It is also important to write with proper grammar and spelling formally to have a professional & polished look.
- For the best result, do not forget to proofread it before printing it.
- In addition, you also need to pay attention to the sample below and look for other references.
An Example of a Response to Resignation Letter
Before you create your own letter to respond a resignation, paying attention to the following sample will be very helpful:
Dear Mrs. Gerry Milea,
We’ve received your resignation letter on October 25th, 2020. Personally, I would like to inform you that we accept your resignation. I can only wish you luck in your future. Even though your resignation is a big loss to my company, we hope that you will reach success elsewhere. Personally, I’ll ensure that you get your belongings and last paycheck within a week.
If there’s something else you need from me, you can contact me via phone at (111)-111-1111 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact my assistant if there are any questions. I’m willing to provide you with a reference if required. I also look forward to hear from you directly.
Your journey with my company was very productive & satisfying. We also hope that you get an awesome experience during working here. We all appreciate your performance. I wish you can come back one day. We are pleased to remain in professional association with you. For the last words, thank you very much for your correspondence.
That is all about a response to resignation letter. If you have never created such a letter before, you can use the sample above for your reference. Hopefully, you can write this kind of letter professionally.
- Executive Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Part Time Job Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Heartfelt Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Friendly Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Rescind Resignation Letter for Getting Back Jobs
- Effective Today Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Bank resignation letter and the sample
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Restaurant Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Volunteer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- No Notice Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Union resignation letter and the sample
- Involuntary Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Retail Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Appreciative resignation letter and the great sample
- New Real Estate Agent Announcement Letter and Its Sample
- Forced resignation letter and the sample
- An RN Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Angry Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Trustee resignation letter and its sample
- Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample