A legal internship cover letter is a kind of documents giving law students an opportunity to stand out from the pack when they apply for an internship. This is very essential because it creates the first impression of the hiring manager. So, you have to make it as impressive as possible.
What Should a Legal Internship Cover Letter Include?
A good cover letter for a legal internship should include the following points:
- The introduction.
- A paragraph telling why you’d like to work at the law firm.
- A paragraph that highlights why you are the most ideal candidate.
- The ending.
Who Can Write a Legal Internship Cover Letter?
This kind of cover letter may be written by a law student who is interested in an internship position at a certain company. This cover letter should be addressed and sent to the hiring manager of the company. Here, you have to enclose your resume.
How to Make a Legal Internship Cover Letter
Below is the step by step in writing such a cover letter:
- You have to begin with the name of the supervisor.
- In the first paragraph, you should state the job or position and why you want it.
- In the second paragraph, you need to show entry-level achievements that relate to the position you’re applying for.
- Request an interview to end the cover letter.
Tips for Writing a Legal Internship Cover Letter
Here are some useful tips for writing this kind of cover letter:
- Make sure that you write it in English.
- Here, do not show of your legal writing skills!
- Then, you have to write correct, plain, simple, and readable English.
- In addition, you must reserve legalese for later when you get the internship.
- Check the grammar & spelling before you send it.
Legal Internship Cover Letter Sample
If you need an example, let’s pay attention to this!
Dear Mr. Robin,
As a law student, I’m enthusiastic to apply for a summer internship at Walter Legal Services. My dedication, education, and internship experience make me the most ideal person for this position. My enclosed resume and recommendation letter may also attest to this.
I don’t only offer a head for logic, debate, & reaching conclusions through dialogue and analytical research but also offer the experience to do so with a passion for justice & law.
My previous internship position gave me the chance to learn many things. I had responsibilities to perform legal research, file court records, organize important legal documents, and communicate with court offices. I also had a good track record.
I also have a great experience, excellent work ethic, excellent head for law, & passion to work as a criminal law attorney. I’ll bring these all to help your firm. My enthusiasm, desire, and professionalism will make me a good asset to your company.
I’m excited to speak with you. Just call me at (111)-111-1111 to arrange a meeting. Thank you very much for your consideration.
That is all about a legal internship cover letter. To create an impressive cover letter, you can follow the sample above and match it to your needs.
- Dishwasher Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Graphic Designer Cover Letter to Make a Good Impression
- Head Football Coach Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Beginner Actor Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Game Designer Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Administrative Secretary Cover Letter to Complete the Resume
- Laboratory manager cover letter and its great sample
- Litigation paralegal cover letter and the sample
- CRA Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Manufacturing Engineer Cover Letter to Get a New Job
- Grocery store clerk cover letter and the sample
- Clinical Research Coordinator Cover Letter and the Sample
- Medical Coder Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Videographer Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Physical Therapy Aide Cover Letter and Its Sample
- FBI Special Agent Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Cyber Security Analyst Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Delivery Driver Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Higher Education Cover Letter and Its Sample
- New Graduate Nurse Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Board member cover letter and its great sample