Becoming a special education teacher is a good pride. If you have the qualifications for this position, don’t miss your opportunity to apply for the job. Here, you are required to write and send a special Ed teacher cover letter. In this article, we will discuss it further!
Who Is a Special Ed Teacher?
A special Ed teacher is a person working with children & youths with various disabilities. Some of them work with them who have severe emotional, cognitive, & physical disabilities. Primarily, they have responsibility to teach life skills as well as basic literacy to them.
What Qualities Make a Good Special Ed Teacher?
A special Ed teacher should have the following qualities:
- Organizational skills
- Calming nature
- Even tempered
How to Make a Special Ed Teacher Cover Letter
Writing such a cover letter must be done carefully. In this case, you have to know what to include in it.
- In the first paragraph, you have to mention the school district and the position you apply for.
- After that, you need to highlight the reasons why you will be the most ideal candidate for that position.
- Then, you should mention where you found the job opening.
- Next, convince the headmaster to hire you by presenting your education, skills, and other qualifications.
- In the last paragraph, close the cover letter with a call to action.
- You should end it with your signature.
Tips to Make a Special Ed Teacher Cover Letter
Below are a few tips to consider when you make this kind of cover letter:
- Follow the proper format.
- Use correct spelling.
- Ensure good grammar.
- Be brief, concise, and to the point.
- Make it convincing with your achievements.
- Proofread it to avoid errors & mistakes.
Special Ed Teacher Cover Letter Sample
This sample below can be your reference for making your own cover letter.
Dear Mrs. Lina,
I’m applying for the position of a special Ed teacher available in your school. My resume is attached here for your consideration.
My passion is teaching and I love working with children & teens with special needs. I’m a patient person and have various techniques of teaching. My cognitive skills will also be useful for this position. I’m a creative person so that I can teach students effectively.
My education & experience will make me an ideal candidate for this position. After holding my bachelor’s degree, I worked at a school for 6 years as a part-time teacher. Now, I’m looking for a full-time job and this job opening really matches my qualifications.
It will be better if we meet and discuss it further. You can call me at (111)-111-1111 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you very much for your time & consideration.
You have seen the guidelines and a sample above. Hopefully, this will help you a lot for creating your own cover letter. By following the sample above, you can write a special Ed teacher cover letter in the proper format.
- High school art teacher cover letter and the example
- Special education assistant cover letter and the sample
- FBI Special Agent Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Education assistant graduate cover letter and the sample
- Preschool Teacher Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Higher Education Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Special Events Coordinator Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Delivery Driver Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Art teacher cover letter and the example
- High School English Teacher Cover Letter and Its Sample
- School Guidance Counselor Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Recreation Coordinator Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Substitute Teacher Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Special Events Manager Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Child Care Worker Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Mail Processing Clerk Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Physical Therapy Aide Cover Letter and Its Sample
- School Social Worker Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Graduate Teaching Assistant Cover Letter and Its Sample
- ESL Instructor Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Instructional Designer Cover Letter and Its Sample