A background investigator is a person conducting and compiling personal & professional background investigations for public safety. He/she interviews co-workers employers, law enforcement officials, neighbors, etc. If you are interested in it, you have to write a background investigator cover letter.
How Much Do Background Investigators Make?
The salary of a background investigator is averagely about 18.08 dollars per hour in the US. However, it can be different from one to another. The country or city also affects it. Anyway, this average is good enough. That is why many people are interested in this position.
How Do You Become a Certified Background Investigator?
To be a background investigator, you must have at least 3 years of experience working in law enforcement, military, or federal industry. Besides that, a 4-year college degree is also required. Training will also be a plus. In addition, you should also hold a security clearance.
How to Write a Background Investigator Cover Letter
Writing such a cover letter can be done by following these steps:
- Firstly, politely greet the hiring employer.
- Secondly, state that you’re applying for the available position as a background investigator.
- Thirdly, give the summary of your skills & qualifications in detail.
- Then, convince that you can be a good background investigator as they want.
- Lastly, ask for a meeting and include your contact details.
- End it with your signature.
Tips to Write a Background Investigator Cover Letter
A few tips below should be considered when you write this kind of cover letter:
- Make sure that your cover letter follows the proper format.
- You must use a formal writing style.
- Keep it concise, simple, and easy to understand.
- Pay attention to English spelling and grammar.
- Don’t forget to perform proofreading.
Background Investigator Cover Letter Sample
If you are searching a cover letter sample for a background investigator, you can find it below:
Dear Mrs. Tiffany,
I’d like to submit my resume to apply for the position of background investigator available in your company. My criminal justice background and research skills will be useful for me to fill this position.
My qualifications & skills are summarized below:
- The history in background checking for 8 years
- Fully trained in the current processes
- Able to take on sensitive cases
- Fully trustworthy
- Good skills in research
That is why I can be a great asset to your company. I’m familiar with the duties of a background investigator so that I don’t need much time for adaptation.
I’d like to have a meeting to discuss myself further and my future with your company. Just feel free to contact me via phone at (111)-111-1111 or email at email@example.com. Thank you for your time & consideration.
That is all about a background investigator cover letter. After paying attention to the guidelines and a sample above, you must be able to write such a cover letter on your own based on your qualifications. Hopefully, this will help you a lot.
- Investigator Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Detective and Criminal Investigator Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Administrative Coordinator Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Recreation Coordinator Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Instructional Designer Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Concept artist cover letter and its great sample
- Physical Therapy Aide Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Custodian Cover Letter and Its Example
- Mail Processing Clerk Cover Letter to Get a New Job
- CRA Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Research coordinator cover letter and the sample
- Janitor Cover Letter and Its Sample to Get a New Job
- Administrative Secretary Cover Letter to Complete the Resume
- Game Designer Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Clinical Research Coordinator Cover Letter and the Sample
- Lateral attorney cover letter and its sample
- Outreach Coordinator Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Videographer Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Library Assistant Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Graphic Designer Cover Letter to Make a Good Impression
- Dishwasher Cover Letter and Its Sample