A substitute teacher comes from various backgrounds and has various levels of experience. That is why a good substitute teacher cover letter is very essential. If your experience in the field is little, this cover letter will convey your strengths as well as hide your weaknesses.
If you are educated and experienced, this letter will help you to look better than less qualified candidates. This letter also makes it clear that you become a desirable candidate. Anyway, you have to be good at math, science, English, etc. If you have a teaching certificate, it will be much better.
How to Make a Substitute Teacher Cover Letter
Writing a substitute teacher cover letter must be done carefully. Here, there are a few steps you need to follow:
- Firstly, you have to write the recipient of the letter, followed by his/her company address.
- Secondly, you should make a polite greeting.
- Thirdly, what you need to do is to deliver your intention to be a substitute teacher.
- After that, you must explain why you should be considered to fulfill the position of a substitute teacher including your education, experience, etc.
- Then, you also have to state the attached documents to this letter for more considerations.
- Next, do not forget to include your phone and email to let the school management contact you.
- Lastly, you must sign off the letter and write your name clearly.
Tips for Creating a Substitute Teacher Cover Letter
Creating a substitute teacher application letter is a challenging task. So, you have to do it carefully. Here, you should consider the following important tips:
- First, you have to address the letter correctly.
- Besides, you have to follow the format rightly. This letter usually consists of an introduction, body, and closing.
- Then, you must use good grammar.
- In addition, you are also required to avoid ambiguous sentences.
- Moreover, you need to keep it simple, concise, and understandable.
- Furthermore, it is very important to attach supporting documents like certificates, a CV, a letter of recommendation, etc.
- One more, you have to send it as soon as possible before the job vacancy is closed.
Substitute Teacher Cover Letter Sample
To help and ease you to write your own cover letter, we provide you an example of a substitute teacher application letter as seen below:
23 Ottoman Avenue
September 30th, 2020
Dear Mr. Brooks,
Through this letter, I hope you consider me as a candidate to fulfill the position of a substitute teacher at Main Central School. I am a qualified & experienced candidate with great knowledge and experience in different academic subjects.
My bachelor’s degree is from the elementary education from The Texas University. After graduating, I worked as a substitute teacher in several schools for a few years. I understand the duties well. So, I hope I can join your school now.
I enclose my resume. I can be reached at (111)-111-1111 or email@example.com. Thank you for this opportunity.
You can use the detailed steps, tips, and a sample above as your reference to create your own substitute school cover letter. Hopefully, the guidelines above can help you a lot.
- High school art teacher cover letter and the example
- Special Ed Teacher Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Museum Educator Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Science Teacher Cover Letter and Sample
- School Guidance Counselor Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Human Resource Assistant Cover Letter and Its Sample
- 7+ Substitute Teacher Resumes
- Special education assistant cover letter and the sample
- High School English Teacher Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Dog Walker Cover Letter and Its Sample
- HR Coordinator cover letter and the sample
- New Graduate Nurse Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Mail Handler Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Delivery Driver Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Elementary School Secretary Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Pilot cover letter and the sample
- Art teacher cover letter and the example
- Environmental Science Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Higher Education Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Teacher recommendation letter and its easy sample
- Preschool Teacher Recommendation Letter and Its Sample