A vet tech cover letter introduces you to the hiring employer. You need to present your skills and work history to stand out. Whether you seek an entry-level position or you’ve been in your career for years, you have to expose your achievements so that you will get a job interview.
Why Is Vet Tech Salary So Low?
In most countries, licensed vet techs’ salaries are held down by many unlicensed techs that can do most of the same jobs. Salaries may also be held down by the fact that the money paid to a veterinary clinic is lower compared to that paid in human medicine for similar works.
How Much Does a Vet Tech Make?
A veterinary tech averagely earns wages around 21.79 dollars per hour. However, it can be different in different countries. This data is taken in 2020.
Do Tech Companies Care about Cover Letters
Even if a recruiter doesn’t read cover letters, he/she wants to pass them to the hiring employer or manager. For a small company, an employer reads cover letters to vet the candidates. In addition, the company gets many resumes for job openings.
How to Write a Vet Tech Cover Letter
A cover letter for a vet tech position can be done with the following step by step:
- Start with a salutation or greeting to the hiring manager.
- Directly state your interest in the vet tech position in the first paragraph.
- Describe your qualifications and skills in the next paragraph(s).
- Request an opportunity for a meeting or interview.
- Put your signature to end the cover letter.
Tips for Writing a Vet Tech Cover Letter
Writing such a cover letter should consider these useful tips:
- Follow the proper format.
- Use good grammar.
- Pay attention to spelling.
- Use a formal writing style.
- Keep it brief and concise.
- Proofread it.
Vet Tech Cover Letter Sample
For your reference, I have a simple example of a vet tech cover letter for you:
Dear Mrs. Sari,
I’m writing this to apply for the position of vet tech available at your hospital. I think this is an opportunity to enhance my career. Find my resume & references enclosed here.
I’m a licensed RVT and have worked for 5 years in a small clinic. I need a challenge. I also need an improvement for my career. That is why I’d like to be a vet tech at your hospital. I have the experienced to work with various animals. I enjoy working with animals. So, I’m familiar with the duties of a vet tech. I will do my best to your hospital.
I want a chance to meet and talk more about this available position. Please call me at (111)-111-1111 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting.
That is all about a vet tech cover letter. After paying attention to the sample above and understand how to write it, now it’s your time to write your own cover letter. Hopefully, this can help you a lot.
- Wealth Manager Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Apprentice Electrician Cover Letter and Its Sample
- CRA Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Content Editor Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Cover Letter References
- Federal Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Courier Driver Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Board member cover letter and its great sample
- Surgical Tech Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Beginner Actor Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Special Events Manager Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Business development manager cover letter and its great sample
- Graduate Teaching Assistant Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Recreation Coordinator Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Film Production Assistant Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Information Technology Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Medical Coder Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Hospice Nurse Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Asp.Net Developer Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Dishwasher Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Administrative Coordinator Cover Letter and Its Sample