Even though you enjoy your job as a doctor, you may have a situation that forces you to resign. For example, you experience a family crisis, a career change, etc. To resign from your position as a doctor, the most professional way is by sending a doctor resignation letter.
How Much Notice Should Doctor Give?
If you have no written contract, you must give reasonable notice. It will vary depending on various factors like the time length of the work, how easy it will be, etc. At least, 4 weeks’ notice will usually be expected.
How Do I Resign from a Doctor?
If you want to resign from a doctor, you should follow these steps:
- Review all the signed documents.
- Review the established policies of the practice.
- Develop a patient notification plan.
- Review notice provisions.
- Review the plans of your retirement.
How to Make a Doctor Resignation Letter
Here is how to write such a resignation letter properly:
- Greet your employer politely.
- Directly state your purpose clearly.
- Give the reasons why you resign from a doctor.
- Close the letter with thanks.
- End it with your signature.
Tips to Make a Doctor Resignation Letter
The following tips should be considered when you create a resignation letter for a doctor:
- Keep it professional.
- Keep it sweet and short.
- Give reasons for leaving.
- Remain polite and professional.
- Say thank you to your manager for the role.
- Offer to assist in the period of the transition.
- Avoid any kind of personal criticism.
- Finish it positively.
Doctor Resignation Letter Sample
For your reference, let’s pay attention to the letter sample for a doctor resignation we provide below:
Dear Mrs. Fellow,
I’m sending this to inform you that I’m resigning from my position as a doctor at your clinic. I’m offered an excellent position as a head of pediatrics at a hospital. My plan is to accept this great offer. I’ll still work at your clinic until January 5th, 2020. Anyway, please accept my resignation.
I really hope that this resignation doesn’t cause inconvenience to your clinic. If you need help for a smooth transition, just let me know and help you. I can be contacted via phone at (111)-111-1111 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can discuss it further if you need it.
Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation during I work at your clinic. I really enjoyed working here. Of course, I’ll miss the nice environment. However, my future is not here. My experience working here will be very useful for my new job. I wish your clinic continued success. Last to say, I really appreciate your understanding in this matter. Wish you all the best!
Mathew Johanes, MD
That is all everything about a doctor resignation letter. You have also paid attention to our sample above. Hopefully, this will help you a lot. Now, you must be able to write such a letter on your own. This letter should only be written with the right reason.
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Nanny resignation letter and its example
- Volunteer fire department resignation letter and the sample
- Effective Today Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Bank resignation letter and the sample
- Trustee resignation letter and its sample
- Appreciative resignation letter and the great sample
- Restaurant Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- CEO Resignation Letter and Its Simple Sample
- Union resignation letter and the sample
- Heartfelt Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Retail Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Friendly Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Its Sample to Know
- Coaching resignation letter and the sample
- Part Time Job Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- CNA resignation letter and its sample
- Volunteer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- An RN Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Ministry Resignation Letter and Its Simple Sample