A faculty recommendation letter is used for different purposes. For example, it can be for a position on the faculty at an institution. It may also be for a promotion at a college. Another purpose is for an award for a certain achievement or opportunity. Now, let’s discuss it further here.
How to Make a Faculty Recommendation Letter
Creating this kind of letter is very challenging. So, it must be done carefully. There are a few steps to follow in writing such a letter:
- First of all, you have to have to make a polite greeting.
- After that, you can straight state your purpose and what you are recommending.
- Then, you are required to explain the reasons why you make that recommendation.
- Next, you should request a meeting for discussing it further.
- Last but not least, do not forget to sign off the letter and write your name.
- After you are done with your recommendation letter, you should directly send or submit it.
Tips for Writing a Faculty Recommendation Letter
There are some important tips that will be useful for writing this kind of recommendation letter. So, make sure that you consider the following tips:
- First, you have to understand and follow the format.
- Besides that, you have to be clear in stating your recommendation and giving the reasons.
- Then, you must use good grammar, avoid ambiguous sentences, and keep it simple.
- In addition, this letter should be addressed to the right recipient so that it can be followed up soon.
- One more, this letter will valid if only your sign off the letter.
Faculty Recommendation Letter Sample
Now, let’s pay attention to the example of a faculty recommendation letter:
Dear President Colin & Board of Directors,
We know that the most gifted professors are the professors unveiling the joy of learning for all the students & introduce them in which everything is possible. There isn’t professor I know displaying this particular gift compared to Dr. Andrew in the Archeological School. He can stimulate students with a dynamic style of teaching. I believe that he is the best & most obvious option to take over the Department Chair position upon my retirement.
He is passionate especially about archeology. His passion is also contagious year after year. I see his effort to communicate scientific methods, theories, discoveries, & concepts to all the students and it is very impressive.
Dr. Andrew has great organizational skills and his students praise him so much. He is also very accessible to the students. I think no professor is more caring and dedicated than him in our campus. He has successfully helped students to achieve better knowledge and grades significantly.
With great pleasure, I highly recommend Dr. Andrew for the Department Chair at our campus. If you need to discuss it further, just feel free to call me at (111)-111-1111 to arrange a meeting.
That is all about a faculty recommendation letter. This kind of letter must be written in a proper format like the sample above.
- English Teacher Recommendation Letter to Share a Chance for Getting Job
- Assistant Professor Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Character Reference Letter and Its Sample
- Counselor Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Administrative Assistant Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- School Counselor Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Preschool Teacher Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Nurse Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Child Care Provider Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Medical Assistant Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Volunteer Recommendation Letter for A Better Organization
- Elementary recommendation letter and the great sample
- Housekeeper Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Fellowship Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Music Teacher Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Professor Recommendation Letter and Its Tips & Sample
- Restaurant Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Doctor Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- UCLA Acceptance Letter and Its Sample
- School Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- College Acceptance Letter for New Students