The relationship between a therapist and the patient is based on trust and cooperation. When one element is missing, it may be better to end the relationship. In this case, you will need to create a therapy termination letter. This letter can be better than meeting face to face because it can avoid confrontation.
How to Make a Therapy Termination Letter
Writing a termination letter is very challenging. There are a few steps you will need to follow. The detailed steps can be seen below:
- First of all, you have to look for the format and follow it.
- In writing this letter, you should start it by greeting your patient.
- After that, you should create an introductory paragraph.
- Then, you must directly inform your patient that you want to end the relationship.
- Here, you have to state the reasons why the relationship must be ended.
- In the end, you can say thank you and sorry if you have many mistakes.
- This letter must be signed off and sent soon.
Tips for Creating a Therapy Termination Letter
There are some important and useful tips you need to follow to create this kind of letter.
- In writing the letter, you have to use a professional wording and tone.
- Besides that, make sure that you provide him/her a reason why the therapy is discontinued.
- In addition, you should also advise him/her on how to get copies of the medical records as well as the length of time you will continue the therapy.
- Then, you also have to ensure that you use good grammar.
- You also must avoid ambiguous language to make it clear & understandable.
- One more, you have to send this letter as soon as possible so that your patient has enough time to look for a new therapist.
Therapy Termination Letter Sample
Now, let’s pay attention to the following sample below:
Dear Mr. Joe,
After a long consideration, I regret that I have to inform you that I cannot serve as your therapist. I decide this based on your history where you failed to keep your appointments. I will still continue providing therapy services to you until October 31st 2020. After that date, you have to find a new therapy provider.
In the last three months, we have scheduled appointments but you failed to show up for more than 5 appointments. Of course, it is a waste of time. I understand that a patient need to cancel an appointment if there is an unexpected event. So, please understand that I will not be able to continue providing therapy services to you.
I hope you can find another therapist who is better than me. If you want to contact me, you can call at (111)-111-1111. Wish you all the best for you.
That is all about a therapy termination letter. If you have the same situation that forces you to end your relationship with your patient. Hopefully, our tips and sample can guide you to create your own termination letter correctly.
- Patient Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Physical therapist assistant cover letter and its great sample
- At Will Termination Letter and Its Sample
- CPA Client Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Massage Therapist Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Early Probation Termination Letter and Its Sample
- No-show Appointment Letter and Its Sample
- Volunteer termination letter and the sample
- COBRA termination letter and the sample
- Daycare termination letter and its sample
- Wrongful Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Physical Therapy Aide Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Voluntary Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Attorney-client termination letter and the template
- Academic Dismissal Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- Termination Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- Benefit Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Custodian Cover Letter and Its Example
- No Call No Show Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Patient Transporter Cover Letter and the Sample
- Business Contract Termination Letter and Its Sample