When you have spent a long time at your current job but you have to resign for a reason, what you need to do is to create and send a friendly resignation letter. This letter demonstrates your goodwill toward your boss. It also assures him/her of your wish for success. Now, let’s pay attention to this discussion!
How to Make a Friendly Resignation Letter
This must be written formally on the official letterhead. To make it professional, there are some steps you will need to do:
- To begin the letter, you have to clearly give the reasons why you would like to leave your job.
- Then, you also need to state the effective date of your resignation.
- After that, it is important to explain the transfer of responsibilities.
- Here, you should also include your contact information so that it can be followed-up.
- After you are done with this letter, you have to send it soon, at least 2 weeks before the effective date of your resignation.
Tips for Creating a Friendly Resignation Letter
This kind of letter is similar to other common resignation letters. However, there are some details that make it different from others. So, you have to consider the following tips:
- First and foremost, you have to write this letter formally on the official letterhead.
- Besides that, you must be friendly & upbeat.
- Then, you also need to maintain a professional manner.
- In addition, make sure that you convey your basic details related to your resignation.
- Moreover, you are also required to include important details about the current job.
- Furthermore, you should use your discretion by sending copies to other authorities if needed.
Friendly Resignation Letter Sample
Now, let’s pay attention to the following example. You can use it for your reference in writing your own resignation letter:
Dear Mr. Peter,
This letter is written to inform you of my resignation from my current position as your assistant manager at BDC Communications. My decision is based on my personal reason. My resignation will be effective on November 31st, 2020. Therefore, please accept this letter and understand my decision. I’m sad to leave this company but my future is not here. Thank you for your cooperation, patience, and professionalism.
Before the effective date of my resignation, I will still do my duties. However, if I cannot finish the project until my resignation date, I will transfer responsibility to another employee. I can train another employee to take over my duties. If you want to discuss it with me, please call me at (111)-111-1111 or send an email to email@example.com.
Working at BDC Communications is a great experience. I’ll never forget it. I appreciate all the valuable chances I earned here. However, I have to regrettably leave this company. Thank you for everything.
That is all about a friendly resignation letter. If you want to write your own letter, you can follow the format seen in the sample above. Hopefully, this will be useful for you.
- Executive Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Part Time Job Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Heartfelt Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- No Notice Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Effective Today Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Response to Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Its Sample to Know
- Angry Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Appreciative resignation letter and the great sample
- CEO Resignation Letter and Its Simple Sample
- Forced resignation letter and the sample
- Volunteer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Voluntary Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Rescind Resignation Letter for Getting Back Jobs
- Restaurant Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Committee Resignation Letter and A Simple Sample
- Retail Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Coaching resignation letter and the sample
- Bank resignation letter and the sample
- Ministry Resignation Letter and Its Simple Sample