If a student gets a low grade that he/she considers being unfair, it makes sense to create a grade appeal letter. Usually, most universities and colleges have a specific process that should be followed for a grade appeal to be considered. This letter should be addressed to the dean. Now, let’s discuss it further here.
How to Make a Grade Appeal Letter
If you received an unfair low grade, you have to write such a letter. This letter should contain a few details. The detailed step by step can be seen below:
- First of all, you have to write the date.
- After that, you need to include the ID number of the student.
- Then, you should mention the name of the course.
- Next, do not forget to write the professor’s name.
- What you have to write next is the grade disputed.
- When it is ready, you must directly send or submit this kind of letter to the dean of the university.
Tips for Writing a Grade Appeal Letter
A grade appeal letter is written by a student to a dean. So, it must be created carefully. If you are a student and want to write this kind of letter, you will need to consider the following important guides and tips:
- First, this letter has to follow the right format.
- Besides that, it should also as brief as possible.
- In addition, this letter also needs to present relevant facts.
- Then, you cannot write this kind of letter with emotions.
- In addition, you have to keep it polite & respectful.
- Moreover, you must use good grammar and avoid ambiguous sentences.
Grade Appeal Letter Sample
If you are planning for a grade appeal, you should create a letter for a grade appeal. Here is an example:
Dear Dean Jordan,
I am Adam Smith, a 2nd-year law student at Venom University. I write this letter to appeal the grade I got in my biology course for the fall semester. I am sure that there were situations beyond my control that lead to my low grade. I believe that I deserve a higher grade.
Dr. Johan has experienced serious health issues over the last 2 years. I am sympathetic to his health problems. I wish him the best for a fast recovery. It may not right that his health issues should mar my stellar record at this university. Out of all lecture classes were scheduled to fall semester and Dr. Johan missed 14 which is over half.
We didn’t have a book for the class. The syllabus indicated that we had 6 tests that counted for 20% of our grade & a final exam that counted for 50%. The highest grade was a C. I’m not the only one filing an appeal.
I greatly appreciate it if you look at my record especially with Dr. Johan’s attendance. Then, you will reconsider my grade in the biology course. Thank you for your consideration.
That is all about a grade appeal letter. Hopefully, after you pay attention to the steps, tips, and a sample above, you will be able to create such a letter on your own correctly.
- Financial Aid Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- Financial Aid Suspension Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- Financial Aid Reinstatement Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- School Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- Parking Ticket Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- Academic Dismissal Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- Assistant Professor Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Termination Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- Property Tax Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- Admission Appeal Letter for Better Consideration
- An RN Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Academic Suspension Appeal Letter and Template
- Environmental Science Cover Letter and Its Sample
- EDD Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- Effective Today Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Nurse Reference Letter and Its Sample
- Medical Necessity Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- College Application Letter and Its Sample
- Promotion Announcement Letter and Its Sample
- School Acceptance Letter and Its Sample
- Mail Handler Cover Letter and Its Sample