A counselor can independently work for a government, a church, a school, or even a mental healthcare practice. A counselor recommendation letter is written by a patient, a fellow counselor, or even an employer. It is addressed to someone who seeks a prospective employer or a counselor.
How to Make a Counselor Recommendation Letter
It is very important to know how to write such a letter correctly. There are a few simple steps in writing this kind of letter:
- First of all, you will have to greet the recipient.
- After that, you can start the first paragraph by directly recommending someone for the counselor position.
- Then, you will need to explain the reasons why he/she is perfect to be a counselor for mental health practice, school, etc.
- In the last paragraph, you should once again say that you recommend a person for the position of a counselor.
- Do not forget to sign off the letter and write your name.
Tips for Creating a Counselor Recommendation Letter
There are a few important tips to consider when you are writing this kind of letter.
- First, you have to ensure that you follow the proper format.
- Besides that, you also need to use good grammar.
- Then, you must avoid ambiguous sentences.
- In addition, you should keep it simple, concise, professional, convincing, and understandable.
- Moreover, you have to give many reasons for your recommendation.
- Furthermore, this letter must be addressed to someone who seeks a prospective employer or a counselor.
Counselor Recommendation Letter Sample
In this article, you can see an example of a counselor recommendation letter.
Dear Dr. Roger,
I’m glad to recommend John Cena for the counselor position at ABC Mental Healthcare Practice. He served my practice & the patients for more than the last 5 years. I feel sad to see him go. However, he & his wife have 2 small children. They have to relocate in an urban area of Vegas.
You need to know that Cena’s tenure is fluent in English, Spain, and French. He played a vital role in the counseling service provided to our practice. It is hard to replace him. He can communicate well verbally. Even more, he has a good understanding of the issues confronted by patients. His capacity is really perfect for your community.
He can work with everyone and in any environment. He uses various methods of counseling. With his long experiences, I believe that his skills and abilities are undoubted. He is progressive-minded. He also has knowledge of different disciplines. He is even very talented.
It is my privilege that recommend him to your practice. Hopefully, you can consider him seriously for the position of counseling. I believe that you won’t be disappointed. If you want to discuss it further, it is a good idea to arrange a meeting. I am available at (111)-111-1111.
Jonathan, Ph. D.
That is all about a counselor recommendation letter. This kind of letter must be created in a professional manner. The steps, tips, and a sample above can be your reference.
- School Counselor Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Guidance counselor recommendation letter and the sample
- Child Care Provider Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Dentist Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- School Guidance Counselor Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Administrative Assistant Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Faculty Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Medical Assistant Reference Letter and Its Sample
- Restaurant Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Housekeeper Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Assistant Professor Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Videographer Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Medical Assistant Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Character Reference Letter and Its Sample
- Doctor Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Mail Handler Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Nurse Reference Letter and Its Sample
- New Graduate Nurse Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Volunteer Recommendation Letter for A Better Organization
- Music Teacher Recommendation Letter and Its Sample
- Medical Coder Cover Letter and Its Sample