Every employee has the right to have a vacation and off from work. However, you cannot leave your job before your manager permits you. In this case, it is a good idea to create a vacation leave letter. This is a formal & polite way to request to have the time for vacation for a few days. The quality of the letter will affect your manager’s decision. So, you have to be able to create this kind of letter correctly.
How to Make a Vacation Leave Letter
Do you want to create a vacation leave letter on your own? Let’s follow these steps below:
- First of all, you have to pick our template to ease your task in creating this kind of letter.
- Second of all, you can directly write the needed information. You should start with an introduction, continued with a body, and end with a closing.
- After that, you need to print it on a sheet of paper so that you can submit it to your manager.
- For the next step, it is time to submit it right soon after you print the letter.
Tips for Writing a Vacation Leave Letter
This kind of letter must be clear and well-formatted. So, you should consider the following tips:
- Following the correct format and rules is the most important thing in writing this letter.
- Using good grammar is also a must.
- Since this letter must be clear, you have to straight forward, be to-the-point, and avoid ambiguous language.
- You also have to make it convincing by mentioning the reasons why you should be allowed to be off from work for a few days.
- Proofreading is also required to ensure that it is free from error and mistake.
The Sample of a Vacation Leave Letter
This is the sample of a vacation leave letter for your reference:
Dear Mr. Daud,
I am writing this to request my vacation leave. I am going to take my vacation from December 25th to 28th. I would like to take a cruise trip in Bahamas with my family.
You do not need to worry because I plan to complete all incomplete projects before December 25th. I am also sure that the rest of the team can continue awesome work during my absence. If there is an important question, just feel free to contact me via email during my vacation leave at jonesS@gmail.com.
To clarify or follow-up on this letter, you can call me at (111)-111-1111. I will respond to your call. Thank you for your consideration.
Every employee has the right to have a vacation leave. However, an employee cannot leave his/her responsibility as an employee. If there is an incomplete task, it must be completed first before taking vacation leave. Besides that, it is also better to request your vacation leave formally. Sending a vacation leave letter is a good idea because it is not only formal but also polite. You can use our guidelines and sample for your reference.
- Medical Leave Letter and Its Sample
- Bank resignation letter and the sample
- Family Emergency Leave Letter to Get Manager’s Permission
- Promotion Acceptance Letter and Its Sample
- Unemployment Appeal Letter to Claim the Benefits
- Sick Leave Letter and Its Sample
- Bereavement Leave Letter to Get Permission
- Postal Worker Cover Letter with Guidelines, Tips, and Sample
- At Will Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Angry Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Employer Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter and Its Sample
- FMLA termination letter and the sample
- Voluntary Termination Letter and Its Sample
- No Call No Show Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Part Time Job Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Wrongful Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Effective Today Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Job Appointment Letter and Its Sample
- Benefit Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Paternity leave letter and the sample