If you have to take a leave of absence from your work due to sickness, you can alert your employer of this by creating a sick leave letter. It helps you make sure that you & the company have a record of the intent & dates of your sick leave. It also helps keep your position secure after you return to the work.
How to Make a Sick Leave Letter
Writing this kind of letter is very challenging. So, you have to follow the step by step below:
- At the top, you are required to display your name, title, address, & the date.
- You have to state the main reason for your leave briefly in the first paragraph.
- You also need to specify the illness as well as if your doctor ordered the leave.
- In the body of the letter, you must state the number of days you will be absent from your work clearly.
- Then, you also need to clearly state the exact date you want to resume the work.
- Next, it is important to include a contact number and email address so that your employer can contact you.
Tips for Writing a Sick Leave Letter
In writing such a letter, make sure that you consider the following tips:
- Besides following the proper format, this letter must also be brief, formal, and understandable.
- Then, you are also required to use a concise writing style.
- In addition, ensure that you include all the needed information in this letter.
- Moreover, you have to follow the company policy.
- If needed, you may also add a doctor’s note to support your sick leave request.
Sick Leave Letter Sample
This letter has its own format. The sample can be seen below:
Dear Ms. Chitty,
I’m writing this letter to inform you that I want to take 2 weeks of sick leave from November 1st, 2020 to October 14th, 2020. I’m currently unable to work because of influenza. My doctor advised to take this leave to rest. My doctor doesn’t want me spread the illness in the office. I attach his note to this letter. I apologize for inconvenience by this leave. I hope my recovery will be fast so that I can return to the office soon.
I will still complete my projects from home. If possible, I will send them to the office by fax. After I return to the office, I plan to put as much effort as possible to perform my best.
During my leave, I can still be contacted. If you have any questions and concerns, just feel free to call me at (111)-111-1111. You can also send an email to email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding.
That is all about a sick leave letter. Now, you can write such a letter with your own words depending on your reasons why you write it. Considering the importance of this letter, you have to create it in a formal and professional manner.
- Medical Leave Letter and Its Sample
- Bereavement Leave Letter to Get Permission
- Family Emergency Leave Letter to Get Manager’s Permission
- Executive Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Angry Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Vacation Leave Letter Step by Step, Tips and Sample
- No Notice Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Patient Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Heartfelt Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Involuntary Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Friendly Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Stanford Acceptance Letter and Its Sample
- Paternity leave letter and the sample
- Promotion Acceptance Letter and Its Sample
- CEO Resignation Letter and Its Simple Sample
- Elementary School Secretary Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Benefit Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Voluntary Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Ministry Resignation Letter and Its Simple Sample
- Volunteer Coordinator Cover Letter and Its Sample
- New Real Estate Agent Announcement Letter and Its Sample