A worker who believes that he/she has been terminated wrongfully has the right to ask a remedy legally. Before that, the employee sends a certified wrongful termination letter to the company. It must be addressed to an authority person that details his/her position on the termination.
How to Make a Wrongful Termination Letter
It is very challenging to write such a letter. There are a few steps you will need to follow so that this kind of letter can work effectively.
- Starts from the first paragraph, you have to explain the purpose of the letter.
- After that, you have to present the facts in a logical order.
- Then, you need to make a concluding paragraph.
- Lastly, you should sign off the letter to make it legal.
- Now, you must directly send the letter as soon as possible.
Tips for Writing a Wrongful Termination Letter
This kind of letter is usually used as proof that you want to resolve the matter before you take a legal action. So, you have to create such a letter carefully. Here are some important tips to consider when writing it:
- The most important thing is that you have to follow the rules & format.
- Besides that, you also need to write it with a polite & professional wording and tone.
- In addition, this kind of letter should also convey your argument.
- Furthermore, you cannot make it threatening or insulting.
- Moreover, you need to keep it simple & concise.
- It is also a good idea to proofread it to ensure that there is no error & mistake. Even more, you can ask an attorney to proofread it.
Wrongful Termination Letter Sample
Before you start writing your own wrongful termination letter, it is better if you pay attention to the following sample first. You can use it as the reference. Here is the sample:
Dear Mrs. Sweety,
On October 5th 2020, I was terminated from your company. I was fired without notice & escorted from the office after a meeting with the HR manager. I was told that the termination was based on a poor perform and attitude. Even more, he also said that I refused to follow the requests from the management. Then, I received the written termination letter.
I have worked in your company over 10 years. I always gave my best and I never disappointed you. Besides that, I have never got a reminder for my attitude because I always kept my attitude. In addition, I also always did what the management requested. For your information, I received an excellent rating in all categories in the last employee evaluation.
I think there was misunderstanding here. So, I respectfully request the management to review my termination immediately. Hopefully, you can respond my letter within 4 business days. If there is no response I get, I will take other steps to remedy this.
That is all about a wrongful termination letter. If you want to write such a letter, you can follow the format of the sample above.
- At Will Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Voluntary Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Benefit Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Therapy Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Termination Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- Business Contract Termination Letter and Its Sample
- No Call No Show Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Early Probation Termination Letter and Its Sample
- Lease Agreement Letter and Its Sample
- Mail Handler Cover Letter and Its Sample
- Legal Internship Cover Letter and Its Sample
- COBRA termination letter and the sample
- School Appeal Letter and Its Sample
- Job Change Announcement Letter and Its Sample
- Involuntary Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Daycare termination letter and its sample
- Attorney-client termination letter and the template
- Promotion Announcement Letter and Its Sample
- FMLA termination letter and the sample
- Dishwasher Cover Letter and Its Sample