If you are an employer, you usually hire and fire employees or accept their resignation letters. Sometimes, you need to resign for a reason. In this case, you have to write a formal document called an employer resignation letter. Now, let’s discuss it further in this article.
What Is an Employer Resignation Letter?
This is a kind of letter written by an employer of a company to inform that he/she is resigning from his/her position. It doesn’t only demonstrate the professionalism but also allows for an appropriate sentiment expression. That is why this kind of letter is very important.
What to Include in an Employer Resignation Letter
An employer resignation letter should contain a few key elements listed below:
- A greeting or salutation
- An introduction or opening paragraph
- The body of the letter
- A closing or concluding paragraph
How to Make an Employer Resignation Letter
Here is how to make a letter for an employer resignation in detailed step by step:
- First of all, greet the company’s owner formally and politely.
- After that, state your resignation including your last day of work.
- Then, provide the reasons why you would like to resign from your position.
- Next, include your contact details and request for a meeting for further discussion.
- Give thanks for his/her understanding & cooperation.
- Put your signature to end the letter.
Tips for Making an Employer Resignation Letter
Some tips should be considered when you make such a letter:
- Make sure that it follows the proper format.
- Use good grammar.
- Pay attention to spelling.
- Choose nice diction.
- Keep it concise, simple, and easy to understand.
- Proofread it multiple times.
Employer Resignation Letter Sample
If you are looking for a letter sample for an employer resignation, you can see this:
Dear Mr. Peter Shawn,
I’m writing this to inform you that I’ resigning from my position as a manager of Smith Productions due to personal reasons. I will still work until the end of December 2020. Please accept it. I really appreciate your cooperation.
I really regret any inconvenience caused by my resignation. If you need me to help during the transition, I’ll honestly do everything. If you want, I’ll train my assistant to take over my responsibility. I believe that Ms. Jennie will do a satisfying job to manage Smith Productions. If you want to discuss it further with me, please call me at (111)-111-1111. You can also send an email at email@example.com.
Even though I’m regretting to leave this company, I’m sure that this is the best decision for both me and this company. Working at Smith Productions will always be my best experience I’ll never forget. I believe that this company will still continue its success without me. I hope we can still keep in touch. Thank you very much for your understanding.
That is all about an employer resignation letter. With this kind of letter, it keeps your professionalism and your good relationship with the company.
- Effective Date Resignation Letter and Its Sample to Know
- Restaurant Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Effective Today Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- CEO Resignation Letter and Its Simple Sample
- Committee Resignation Letter and A Simple Sample
- An RN Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- One Week Notice Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Part Time Job Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Retail Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Heartfelt Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Appreciative resignation letter and the great sample
- Rescind Resignation Letter for Getting Back Jobs
- Executive Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Doctor Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Response to Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Angry Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Project Manager Reference Letter and Its Sample
- Friendly Resignation Letter and Its Sample
- Union resignation letter and the sample
- Bank resignation letter and the sample
- Resignation in Lieu of Termination Letter and Its Sample